Local Junior Football

Chat and Discussions about everything but Sligo Rovers F.C.
Banker

Local Junior Football

Post by Banker » 5 months ago

Rumours going round Boyle Celtic are moving to the Roscommon league, if true a big for the Sligo-Leitrim league.
Sometimes we have to reach rock bottom before we're willing to rise up and overcome our trials.

shillbhoy

Post by shillbhoy » 3 months ago

Just noticed that they werent on the fixtures list. What was the story with this.

nijinsky

Post by nijinsky » 3 months ago

Apparantley they reckon Kennedy didnt give them any help with league fixtures and that while they were on their great run in junior cup last year so they have pulled out and moved,bad move if you ask me will probably end up travelling more for games which will end up costing them more to run club,id say they first said it to Kennedy as a threat but he called their bluff so it was either back down or move then.They'll never get back into Sligo leitrim now while Kennedy is still there either.

Bara

Post by Bara » 2 months ago

Time Kennedy was moved on for the good of junior football.
But in the length of time he's been there only 2 people have challenged him for his position, and he has contrived to have them both suspended from football.

There was 4 divisions not that long ago, now there's two. The league is losing teams every year.

After Boyle left they arranged a friendly with Aughanagh, both teams were on the pitch ready to play but no referee turned up. Kennedy had rang him and warned him not to referee the match. Talk about small minded pettiness

nijinsky

Post by nijinsky » 2 months ago

I played junior football for over 15yrs and every year you would hear people giving out about kennedy and needing to get rid of him for the good of the league but hes still there and with more power now than ever.I think the astro leagues has really affected the amount of teams in the league aswell,not many young fellas want to get up on sunday morning anymore when they can play during the week.Id love to still be able to get out on the pitch on a sunday morning for a game of ball i played the astro for a few years aswell but its not the same dont whats wrong with these young fellas today